- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Avocado and Sweet Potato Brownies
About a month ago, I found the recipe for these particular brownies while browsing through Facebook one morning before work and cross posted to my personal page for future reference. I didn’t have the opportunity to make these for Passover like I was planning to, I made another type of brownies instead. It was about a week or so ago that I found the recipe again and decided that I was going to make a batch for a friend that recently lost her husband and one for my fiancé and his folks. For my version, I used carob powder and Gluten Free and Dairy Free carob chips in lieu of the chocolate since I also have an allergy to chocolate in addition to Gluten and Dairy. The original recipe can be found here http://healthy-life-box.com/no-wheat-no-sugar-no-dairy-delicious-avocado-coconut-sweet-potato-brownies/ .
- Cup mashed avocado (about 1/2 an avocado) - 1/2 cup
- Cooked sweet potato - 1/2 cup
- Creamy nut butter (I used Almond Butter for one loaf and Cashew Butter for the other) - 1/2 cup
- Dairy-free carob chips (I used Chatfield’s Carob Chips) - 1/2 cup
- Maple syrup - 2 tablespoons
- Coconut milk - 1/4 cup
- Carob powder - 3 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 325° F, and
- Line a regular size loaf pan with parchment paper or grease it with coconut oil.
- Leaving the chocolate chips aside, blend all other ingredients in a blender. If a blender is not available, place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and use a hand mixer until all the ingredients are blended well. Add the Carob chips last, gently folding in with a small silicone spatula. Transfer the batter to the loaf pan.
- Use a spoon or small silicone spatula to level the batter across the pan evenly, as it will be sticky and thick. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Leave brownies to cool and slice it. I recommend putting them in the refrigerator for a bit to firm up for easier slicing.
- Serve and enjoy!