- Yield: 4-6
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
Tuna Noodle Casserole
Tuna noodle casserole was one of the dishes I used to make when my father was still alive. I used to use regular pasta and cheese along with Cream of Mushroom soup. When I found out about my allergies, I had to figure out ways to make this while staying within the parameters of my new dietary lifestyle. The French Fried onions are optional, I don’t put them in all the time, however, I did find Gluten Free French fried onions, so that is an option (if my mother doesn’t eat the entire can first).
- Box Gluten Free Pasta of your choice (I used Barilla Gluten Free Pasta) - 1
- (4 Tbsp) vegan butter - 2 oz.
- Cup Imagine Portobello Mushroom soup - 1
- Can tuna fish (in water) drained - 1
- Cup Vegan Shredded Cheddar (I used Daiya Cheddar style shreds) + ½ cup to sprinkle on top. - 1
- Gluten Free French-Fried Onions to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make pasta according to instructions
- In a casserole dish, add vegan butter to cooked pasta and stir until completely melted.
- Add mushroom soup and mix thoroughly. Add cheddar shreds and tuna and mix until completely blended. Sprinkle in French Fried onions to taste as desired.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!